paragon GmbH & Co. KGaA / Key word(s): Takeover
paragon acquires 82 percent of SemVox GmbH, a company specializing in voice control and intelligent assistance systems

12-Sep-2018 / 17:37 CET/CEST
Disclosure of an inside information acc. to Article 17 MAR of the Regulation (EU) No 596/2014, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.

paragon acquires 82 percent of SemVox GmbH, a company specializing in voice control and intelligent assistance systems

Delbrück, Germany, September 12, 2018 - The general partner of paragon GmbH & Co. KGaA [ISIN DE0005558696], the paragon GmbH, resolved today to enter into a share purchase agreement for the acquisition of 82 percent of the shares in SemVox GmbH, Saarbrücken, as well as an option agreement for the acquisition of the remaining 18 percent of the shares. SemVox offers efficient and secure technologies and solutions for voice control, diverse human-machine interaction and intelligent assistance systems based on artificial intelligence.

The sellers are the four founders of SemVox GmbH and four investors, including the German Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH, Saarbrücken, and the M. Ladendorf Beteiligung GmbH, Trier. SemVox GmbH was founded ten years ago as a spin-off of the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (Saarbrücken). The purchase price for 82 percent of the shares will amount to EUR 16.4 million.

The four founders will continue to hold shares in the company for at least three years and will assume management and executive functions. Thereafter, the 18 percent of the shares in the company still held by them can be acquired by paragon GmbH & Co. KGaA or tendered to paragon GmbH & Co. KGaA. The transaction is expected to be completed by the beginning of October 2018 at the latest.


About paragon GmbH & Co. KGaA

paragon GmbH & Co. KGaA (ISIN DE0005558696), which is listed in the regulated market (Prime Standard) of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, develops, produces and distributes forward-looking solutions in the field of automotive electronics, body kinematics and e-mobility. As a market-leading direct supplier to the automotive industry, the company's portfolio includes the Electronics operating segment's innovative air-quality management, state-of-the-art display systems and connectivity solutions, and high-end acoustic systems. In the Mechanics operating segment, paragon develops and produces active mobile aerodynamic systems. With Voltabox AG (ISIN DE000A2E4LE9), a subsidiary that is also listed on the regulated market (Prime Standard) of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, the Group is also active in the rapidly growing Electromobility operating segment with its cutting-edge lithium-ion battery systems developed in-house.
In addition to the company headquarters in Delbrück (North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany), paragon GmbH & Co. KGaA and its subsidiaries operate sites in Suhl (Thuringia, Germany), Nuremberg and Landsberg am Lech (Bavaria, Germany), St. Georgen (Baden-Württemberg, Germany), Bexbach (Saarland, Germany) and Aachen (North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany) as well as in Kunshan (China) and Austin, Texas (USA).
Additional information about paragon can be found at

Financial Press & Investor Relations Contact
paragon GmbH & Co. KGaA

Dr. Kai Holtmann
Artegastrasse 1
33129 Delbrück, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 52 50 - 97 62-140
Fax: +49 (0) 52 50 - 97 62-63

12-Sep-2018 CET/CEST The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
Archive at

show this back